Myrna Perez is an award-winning artist and filmmaker based in Los Angeles and Miami. ︎︎︎
I thrive when using both the creative, right side of my brain and the practical, left side of my brain.
In addition to frequently working with a multitude of brands, artists and storytellers, here are a few things I’ve done that I’m particularly proud of:
- In 2021, I was on production for the holiday edition of Taste the Nation with Padma Lakshmi on Hulu, which won a James Beard Award for best longform media.
In the same year I produced the Levi’s Music Project with Khalid where we built a music studio and hosted workshops and challenges in the most underfunded arts program in El Paso, TX.
In 2020, I oversaw the production and creative for Netflix’s Selena campaign, delivering over 2K assets from international TV ads, photos and copy for billboards, TikTok challenges and digital doc series.
- In that same year, I executive produced the award-winning El Patio series with Tecate, featuring monthly live shows with A-list artists, merch drops and non-profit donations.
- In 2019, I was the executive producer and director of Home Is Here for United We Dream, the campaign for the DACA SCOTUS case. The films were screened in the SCOTUS for the hearing, won multiple awards and, most importantly, won the case on DACA.
- In 2017, I was the founding director and producer of BESE, Zoe Saldana’s production company aimed at highlighting marginalized voices.
- In 2016, I founded the Bay Area’s Video Consortium Chapter.
- In 2014, I was one of the producers who launched Fusion, a joint venture of Univision and Disney.
In 2022 so far, I’ve wrapped production on multiple episodes for the second season of Taste the Nation, directed and executive produced a number of campaigns for global brands and am in production for my debut documentary feature about the evolution of Tejano music and the life of Johnny Canales. I frequently work with brands like Netflix, Spotify, Heineken, Modelo, Levi’s, Google and so many others.
- Let’s collaborate — firstname.lastname@example.org